Key Indicators and Strategy:
The Black Lion Foundation/Child of the Universe Project Association plans to deliver at least 10 Schools in Southern Ghana, Benin, Togo, Niger, Burkina Faso by the end of 2015. The delivery schedule for the following 3 years includes:
A – Breakdown from 2015 to 2017:
• West Africa: 600 Schools
• East Africa: 200 Schools
• Southern Africa: 200 Schools
• Central Africa: 300 Schools
• North Africa: 100 Schools
Total: 1,400 Schools – within 3 years.
* Schools built completely from scratch (this does not include the existing schools that will be improved or redesigned).
B – The breakdown goes as follows from 2017 to 2030:
• West Africa: 5,000 Schools per year X 13 years
• East Africa: 5,000 Schools per year X 13 years
• Central Africa: 5,000 Schools per year X 13 years
• Southern Africa: 5,000 Schools per year X 13 years
• North Africa: 5,000 Schools per year X 13 years
Total: 25,000 Schools per year X 13 years = 325,000 Schools.
The Balance of nearly 300,000 other Public Schools will be done in partnership with Governments, by licensing the “Child of the Universe” models to them or to other Philanthropic Organizations willing to replicate the project.
Assumptions: If however we receive enough funding support and technical, logistical capabilities, the volume of schools built per year can increase significantly and the duration of the project can be extended to 2035.